After AEW announced a two week Fyter Fest-labelled run of Dynamite for July 1 & 8, with what they described as PPV-quality cards, WWE began counter-programming.
First it was a title vs. title match for the 8th. Then they dusted off the Great American Bash name to officially make their own two week event. Big matches were booked for this Wednesday, headlined by two of the best wrestlers in the world.
Now, they’ve announced the USA Network broadcast will feature “limited commercial interruptions.” That gives it a more TakeOver-like feel... and gives you fewer reasons to flip over to TNT.
It seems that, in addition to wanting to have an answer for Fyter Fest, Triple H & company may smell blood in the water. NXT had a much larger audience than Dynamite last week, and significantly closed the gap in the demographic ratings too.
The Wednesday Night War is heating up, and you know what they say about love and war.
Here are the two cards for tomorrow night (July 1):
Fyter Fest, Night One
- Jake Hager vs. Cody Rhodes (c) for the TNT championship
- Kenny Omega & Hangman Page (c) vs. Best Friends for the AEW Tag Team titles
- Hikaru Shida (c) vs. Penelope Ford for the AEW Women’s championship
- Private Party (with Matt Hardy) vs. Santana & Ortiz
- Jungle Boy & Luchasaurus vs. MJF & Wardlow
Great American Bash, Night One
- Sasha Banks vs. Io Shirai (non-title)
- Candice LeRae, Mia Yim, Dakota Kai & Tegan Nox in a Fatal 4Way Elimination match to determine the #1 contender for the NXT Women’s championship
- Dexter Lumis vs. Roderick Strong in a Strap Match
- Oney Lorcan vs. Timothy Thatcher
- Rhea Ripley vs. Aliyah & Robert Stone; if Ripley loses, she has to join The Robert Stone Brand