News WWE Ready to "Raid" ROH

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Legend
WWE Ready to “Raid” ROH, Who Is #1 on WWE’s List?, More Backstage News | Daily Wrestling News

Reported by Eric Arrington Via Daily wrestling news.com:

We can confirm that WWE officials are planning on “raiding” Ring of Honor in early 2017 as many ROH contracts are set to expire on December 31st.

Money talks and WWE is hoping that an increase in pay will attract a few key talents and convince them to jump ship. WWE realizes that ROH is going to have offer serious money if they want to keep certain wrestlers around, which they’ve already been forced to do over the past few years. At the same time, WWE is wary about upping the pay-scale for WWE NXT too much.

Top tag team The Young Bucks are said to be #1 on WWE’s list right now.

It’s been reported how WWE has signed Steve Corino to work as a trainer at the WWE Performance Center once his deal with ROH is up next month. There’s hope that Corino coming into the company will also help attract some of the other ROH talents. The bottom line is that ROH will not be able to re-sign every talent and word is that they did not try to match WWE’s offer to Corino as they felt they could save the money for one of the other contracts that come up next month.

As expected, Triple H is the driving force behind the talent acquisitions as he feels they need to continue replenishing the NXT roster, especially for expansion in 2017.

December and January should be a very interesting time for many ROH talents.
Interesting. According to Dave Meltzer Adam Cole is the top priority. I guess we'll see how this goes but for now I'm curious.

Solid Snake

ɪɴғɪɴɪᴛᴇ ᴄᴀᴛ ʟɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
Chairman
"The WWE don’t want to up their pay scale for NXT too much, even if they do lure some big names.

However, they’re aware that Ring of Honor will have to offer a lot more money to keep their stars, and the WWE can improve on those figures in the hope of convincing them to jump ship.

One of the tactics they’ve recently employed is that the WWE have signed Steve Corino to work as a trainer at the Performance Centre, once his deal with Ring of Honor expires next month.

They’re hoping that once he arrives, he will help attract some other talents to follow in his footsteps, especially since they won’t be able to retain every single star.

They couldn’t do it with Corino either, hoping that the money they saved from re-signing him can be use on another talent.

As of this writing, the WWE’s biggest priority right now is to bring in The Young Bucks, but plenty more could follow in what will certainly an interesting couple of months for WWE, Ring of Honor, and their stars."

source

WarMachine

Bringing the Internet Pain
Legend
I would be very surprised if they gave The Young Bucks a job.

I remember hearing about them getting heat when they were backstage for a WWE tryout in 2011.
- Earlier this week, we reported that the Young Bucks tag team (formerly Generation Me in TNA) received a WWE tryout prior to Monday’s RAW from San Diego, California. WWE announcer Booker T spoke about the Bucks’ tryout on Twitter – and made reference to a recent Rob Van Dam interview where RVD called out the Bucks for being cold to him backstage in TNA and not even shaking his hand.

Booker said that at Monday’s tapings, the Young Bucks did not introduce themselves to him when they walked by him backstage. Booker T said later in the day, one of the Young Backs was leaning on his jacket yet still never introduced himself to Booker.

The Young Bucks are a talented team with a ton of potential, but they will never get too far in the business by offending the legends in the locker rooms.

• Cheers!
Reactions: Solid Snake

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Legend
It's not about looks and such for them.

For Mark it is that he has like 10 concussions too many in his concussions account.

And the Briscoes refuse to move because they refuse to stop running the family business in Sandy Fork. God knows WWE has tried. ROH is perfect for these guys since they can live their wrestling dreams, make good pay on it and still do the day job gimmick.

CACTUS DUDEKIND

el duderino
Legend
It's not about looks and such for them.

For Mark it is that he has like 10 concussions too many in his concussions account.

And the Briscoes refuse to move because they refuse to stop running the family business in Sandy Fork. God knows WWE has tried. ROH is perfect for these guys since they can live their wrestling dreams, make good pay on it and still do the day job gimmick.
I remrmber seeing a vid years back of the Briscoes early in their career at some shitty outside indy show with then wacking seven bells out each other and doing insane bumps.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Legend
I remrmber seeing a vid years back of the Briscoes early in their career at some shitty outside indy show with then wacking seven bells out each other and doing insane bumps.
Mark took his first unprotected chair shot to the head at age 12. He fell off the family roof soon after by his own words

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Legend
Sooo... The Bucks ain't coming to WWE. They've re-signed their contracts with ROH and NJPW for two more years.

Following Friday night’s challenge from Matt Hardy to The Young Bucks, it became obvious that The Bucks had worked out a deal to remain with Ring Of Honor. Their contracts were due to expire on 12/31 but it looks like the money offer was too good to pass up.

Dave Meltzer reported on Saturday that they have indeed signed two-year deals with ROH and New Japan Pro Wrestling. The duo will be getting a significant increase in pay next year and they will get a second increase in 2018. It was never said by them but it is believed that there was interest from WWE. WWE has shown interest in them in the past but The Bucks turned them down because they could get more money elsewhere. Matt Jackson confirmed the news on his twitter account (scroll down).

As far as Matt and Jeff Hardy, their contracts allow them to do the ROH show and, according to Meltzer, it is scheduled for April 1st in Lakeland, FL at the Jenkins Arena, which is the night before WrestleMania in Orlando.

The video played during Final Battle was reportedly signed off by TNA at the 11th hour. There had been speculation that this meant that The Bucks would appear on the Total Nonstop Deletion episode of Impact Wrestling but that is not the case and there is no deal for anyone in ROH to work in TNA. With Aroluxe Marketing in charge of TNA, this could open the door to a working relationship between both sides and TNA was cooperative with allowing the Hardy video to air and allowing Brandi Rhodes to appear alongside husband Cody Rhodes.

The Bucks’ new deal is for U.S. and Japanese dates but they would be able to take other overseas dates as long as they don’t conflict with their ROH and NJPW dates. The one exception for the United States is that they will still be allowed to work for PWG.
Source

or Log in using

Latest Discussions