WWEF Minecraft Server - Any interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idiot #2

Future Endeavoured
Banned
idk man I remember there was a TWF server back in 2014 that was a lot of fun but I really never play Minecraft anymore, if people are in for it I'll just re-download the son of a bitch and go with the flow on it brother so yea, there is some interest from me

Reactions: Solidus

Beavie

WWEF's Resident Beav
LDW Management
I'm already mod on another server but as it is fairly quiet atm, so I would not mind another server to add to my "list" of ones to go on.

IGN: CanadianR

Also, I can build decently.

Reactions: Solidus

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
With these sorts of numbers I'm down buuuuut...

survival clan wars/gangs server
...while this would be extremely cool it needs NUMBERS. Like consistently 10-20 on at one time in prime times (varying timezones won't help us either).

If anyone watches any Minecraft Youtubers that were in How To Minecraft S3, that's a model I think could work. Split the people in half at random on a world with two massive islands (or something, but passage across is limited, is the point). No friendly fire, resources (mostly) communal. How it works is everyone cooperates and in that series there was a mod where mobs were crazy so you'd have to be working well together just to survive. There'd then need to be a measured way for the teams to compete, moreso than in that series where pre-organised fights and ambushes with no gain other than wagers/loot were all the real competition.

Just a thought if people like the idea of something as above. Or we could just do one no-PvP survival world where we build cool shit.

Beavie

WWEF's Resident Beav
LDW Management
With these sorts of numbers I'm down buuuuut...

...while this would be extremely cool it needs NUMBERS. Like consistently 10-20 on at one time in prime times (varying timezones won't help us either).

If anyone watches any Minecraft Youtubers that were in How To Minecraft S3, that's a model I think could work. Split the people in half at random on a world with two massive islands (or something, but passage across is limited, is the point). No friendly fire, resources (mostly) communal. How it works is everyone cooperates and in that series there was a mod where mobs were crazy so you'd have to be working well together just to survive. There'd then need to be a measured way for the teams to compete, moreso than in that series where pre-organised fights and ambushes with no gain other than wagers/loot were all the real competition.

Just a thought if people like the idea of something as above. Or we could just do one no-PvP survival world where we build cool shit.
I think if we do a gang war, there have to be some rules set in place to be followed by both sides. Just because, my play style is more of a builder (if you haven't guessed by that Ice Kingdom I worked a year+ on) and if I build something, I don't want it to be wrecked.

Solid Snake

ɪɴғɪɴɪᴛᴇ ᴄᴀᴛ ʟɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
Chairman
I think if we do a gang war, there have to be some rules set in place to be followed by both sides. Just because, my play style is more of a builder (if you haven't guessed by that Ice Kingdom I worked a year+ on) and if I build something, I don't want it to be wrecked.
I'm the same way. I like to gather and build more than anything. I used to spend HOURS in creative lol

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
one H3M rule was no griefing. You couldn't steal from chests either, so the only way you could steal things was by killing people. Super fair as it meant there was an incentive for kills, as well as not having your builds wrecked and your chests drained in the middle of the night.

Still need some kind of "score" or something to measure victory. Ideas?

Beavie

WWEF's Resident Beav
LDW Management
I'm the same way. I like to gather and build more than anything. I used to spend HOURS in creative lol
I have a feeling together we could build some cool stuff. :bayley:

one H3M rule was no griefing. You couldn't steal from chests either, so the only way you could steal things was by killing people. Super fair as it meant there was an incentive for kills, as well as not having your builds wrecked and your chests drained in the middle of the night.

Still need some kind of "score" or something to measure victory. Ideas?
Well, the survival server I usually go on is a lot based survival server with protection on each lot. So I can choose who to allow and deny to my lot. As well, all chests are locked and protected and people can only get access to each other's chests by allowing them as well. I have a lot of people allowed usually, but they have earned my trust over time. Even then, there have been times where I got griefed or others got griefed (and as a mod, I have to deal with that *sigh*) by people who are allowed and it feels like a massive kick in the tail since they fooled you.

For the rules, here are two key ones.

1: No griefing (but since it is a "gang-style war" the only griefing allowed is digging a hole in a wall or something) Stuff included in griefing is... using TNT, breaking beds so players can't respawn, killing animals, large amounts of destruction, etc.

2. Don't be a jerk to other people. Simple, you can have some "bants" with friends, but if you make people feel uncomfortable and you refuse to stop, then it is a no-no.

Also to decide on a winner: Who has fun! You have fun, you're a winner.

• Agree
Reactions: Solid Snake
Status
Not open for further replies.

or Log in using