News Yet another top name leaves TNA

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Rising Star
If TNA have wrapped up the gimmick and will put some videos in their next shows to explain it, I don't mind. It's a shame that they can't have Bully put over some more wrestlers (like Eli Drake) but Bully's been fucking around with TNA for ages now, since he failed to get a Bullet Club challenge going after Bound for Glory 2014.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Rising Star
TBF Bully Ray's main event push was really well done and he always had good matches, even with the A&8's days. But IMO, them having Chris Sabin's 2 week long reign and Magnus (who I believe had just beaten Sting) not ending A&8s screwed up the picture.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Legend
Bully Ray's main event push was bad. He is not suited to be a main event player. I don't want to sound like I am burying the guy but outside of his promos and gimmick matches he was nothing special.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Rising Star
Honestly, I disagree. I thought his main event push was one of the best parts about 2013, I'd say the real bad thing was the rest of the A&8s. Bully's reveal in the steel cage was well done and Taz's reveal was quite cool but they added a bunch of people who really didn't belong in the group (aside from Anderson but he left) and sucked, and created no real new stars. The lack of kids such as Sam Shaw, Jay Bradley, Matt Morgan, Joey Ryan and Gunner in the group or opposing it, along with no real awesome signings (Tito Ortiz was the "biggest" and yet he didn't even wrestle a single match) kinda killed it for me and the new Main Event Mafia was pointless, especially as Sting was complaining that nobody in the roster helped him but brought a couple of the members in to help him.

Ray was the most legit thing about A&8s for me and his main event push produced some great moments.

I'll See Ya Kia

Beautiful Palm Trees.
Legend
Bully Ray's main event push was bad. He is not suited to be a main event player. I don't want to sound like I am burying the guy but outside of his promos and gimmick matches he was nothing special.
I must not have been watching much during this time but have seen much of it since. He had a very big attitude about himself, something totally different from what WWE likes to do. I'm not a fan of Bully Ray but I can see many many people really enjoying what he did and said on screen.

Nobody

The Beast
Banned
Bully Ray was the ONLY thing good going on in the main event for quite a while. The Ace's and 8s deal was played out, but he was consistently doing great work IMO. I wouldn't push him for now, they should really have younger talent on the top and him putting talent over in the midcard.

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Mid-Carder
New Japan, which does a highlights package show on AXS on Friday nights in the U.S. and Ring of Honor on Destination America on Wednesdays.

wk
ROH, New Japan, Dragon Gate Japan, which does a bunch of wacky stuff, but unlike TNA actually intends to. I'm looking at you loser has his hair permed match!
Is there anything to help me work through the language barrier with new japan and such? I mean, the production look great, but I'm not one to feel involved in a match with no context.

As for ROH, I think I will give it another shot, since it seems to be my only choice these days.

Raine

The Artiste
Contender
I am not a fan of Bully Ray while on TNA, but watching some of his videos when he teamed with Devon as Bubba Ray(Buh Buh Ray Dudley) as the Dudley Boyz was just classic stuff. I am not sure if Devon fully retired or what he is doing now, but if they could get Bubba Ray & Devon Back I would enjoy that. I don't think they could fully bring back what they brought to tag team wrestling back in the day but I still would love to see several wrestlers go through a table once in awhile.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Legend
Is there anything to help me work through the language barrier with new japan and such? I mean, the production look great, but I'm not one to feel involved in a match with no context.

As for ROH, I think I will give it another shot, since it seems to be my only choice these days.
The NJPW show on AXS in the U.S. (it's on Friday nights in prime time) has English commentary (I don't know where you are and I also know we have an international crowd here).

I haven't seen where you can find PPV's or anything with English commentary except for January's Wrestle Kingdom 9, which was Jim Ross and Matt Striker. Other than that, I haven't found English commentary on their PPV's.

wk

• Cheers!
Reactions: Green Jesus

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Rising Star
How has TNA been recently anyway?
EC3 is champion and cuts the best promos in the company. His in-ring work has been fine too, his matches with Angle were good and recently had a match with Galloway which was also good IMO. The Wolves are tag team champions and recently had a great Best of 5 series with The Dirty Heels (Roode and Aries) but since then, they've not done much. The X-Division is decent, we have Tigre Uno (even if he botches the Phoenix Splash almost every time), guys like Manik, Spud, Mandrews and of course, Grado (why TNA pushes him harder than Mandrews... I don't know). The King of the Mountain stuff looks like it will set up an invasion by Global Force Wrestling, so there's that.

All in all, the weekly shows are usually decent. They have been all year, some have been great (the one with EC3 vs Spud, Angle vs Lashley ect.) and some (last week, I think) have been average. They usually build up to a few good matches a month - they've been doing a good job of building up midcard feuds but of course, the X-Division lately has just been multi-man matches and little story which is disappointing.

Mrs. RKO

Jobber
Jobber
Bully Ray/Bubba Ray surely knows what he is doing in the ring. He has been doing it for quite some time now and has excited many fans with his inside the ring talent for many of those years. Bully/Bubba also has a huge attitude/ego problem that has left the companies he has worked for have a bad taste in there mouth about him, the most recent TNA. Would he be great for developing new talent, sure he knows his way around a ring. At what expense to the WWE company is the bigger question. It would be a risk for the WWE to hire him back in anyway at this point.

seabs

Mighty Morphin Power Ranger
Legend
Well, that's your prerogative but you know this is 2015 and not 1997 when his schtick was cool, right?
Eh? Wasn't he regarded as one of the best heels in North America a few years ago? He can work a crowd incredibly well, his in ring work isn't great but he's very talented at getting the best of what he has.

or Log in using

Latest Discussions